Thursday, May 15, 2014

Arizona Weekend

My husband loves to golf and loves baseball. I love to shop and read in the sun.  So when my parents invited us to go visit in Arizona we jumped at the opportunity to leave snowstorms and hit up the sun.  Now call me crazy but I still choose this time of travel over when my husband wanted to leave.  We were driving to Arizona and it was a long trip ahead of us.  Wanting to get there as soon as possible I suggested we leave right after work.  He believed that we should sleep for a few hours and head out at 4 am.  Now this is how I look at it though, if we were to leave at 4 am we would have gotten to Arizona mid day.  We would have wasted a day of our vacation and would have missed the Cubs vs. White Sox's game.  So we hoped in the car and I tried hard to sleep so I could take over driving once he got too tired.  Was this a wise choice--probably not since I know I was exhausted when it was my turn to take over.  I am a very stubborn person as well and like to make points to my husband most of all.  He could tell that I was getting tired once I took over and offered to drive again but I had to prove to not only myself but to him that I was capable to make this drive.  I had gotten to that point in the night where your so tired that your wide awake, I was in a zone blaring music, eating junk food, and drinking caffeinated drinks. I love my husband and I know he loves me because he deals with me even when he knows I'm trying hard to prove him wrong or make a point.

Anyways we had arrived at 6:30 am our time and for some odd reason I got up 3 1/2 hours later and stayed awake til it was bedtime again.  I love after a long travel waking up, crawling into bed with my mom in the morning and just chatting about life and what has been going on since we last talked.  You see my dad is an early riser, my mom often is awake but just lays in bed (I am very similar to this), so I know that I can always find her awake and ready to catch up.


So the first day that we arrived my husband and I headed to the Cubs vs. White Sox's game.  It was packed since it was the last week of Spring Training.  They announced that was record breaking attendance that day, they average around 14,000 people. That day they had 215,000 people at the baseball game.  It was a gorgeous day and the game got very exciting towards the end.  The only disappointment, they weren't selling dippin dots ice cream or even cotton candy.  These are the 2 main reasons why I love going to baseball games with my husband but I still survived.


The following day my husband headed out to go golfing with my dad so my mom and I headed to some amazing stores.  I scored on this trip.  I found a DVF clutch that is normally $400 that I got for $30. Its authentic--its only missing the chain which I don't think I would have used anyways.  I love it more as a clutch.  I got 5 pairs of shoes that were all on sale as well.  The following day we headed to a few thrift stores.  I was a little disappointed with the goodwill though, it was really dirty compared to the ones I am use to and I found it to be over priced as well.  I did buy a few things still though.

Overall the trip was a success, we escaped snowy weather for sunshine, my husband golfed twice as well as his spring training baseball game, I bought a lot of stuff, we both got to read, swim & escape life even just for a weekend.

Remember how one of my New Years Resolutions was to take back my weekends.  I think I am doing pretty good so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment